The 2013 HabiTown Challenge, sponsored by PayPal, was a huge success. The challenge was to build a creative structure as a team at Baltimore’s Inner Harbor, in four hours or less, to support worthwhile community causes. HabiTown Challenge is a festival centered on forging community partnerships, through a judged team competition, to construct a typical town.
Throughout the event…
- 1000 people voted for their favorite team,
- 30 thousand dollars were raised for local charities,
- 20 community partnerships were made,
- 15 teams constructed one miniature town,
- 4 hours were spent building while enjoying a day at the harbor,
- 3 food trucks stopped by from the Gathering,
- 2 live bands performed,
- And it was 1 amazing day!
At the end of the event, awards were giving for a variety of categories by judges representing different parts of the community throughout Central Maryland.
For pictures of the event, view the photo gallery.