Searching for a way to give back to your community? Look no further than Habitat for Humanity of the Chesapeake. Habitat is a socially conscious organization that relies on people like you for every project, and involvement is easier than you might think. Here are the top 10 ways to get in on the action:
- Volunteer: Building Habitat’s houses would be impossible without the help of folks like you who step up voluntarily. No need to be a skilled craftsman in order to lend a hand—every project is led by trained group leaders who guide you along the way.
- Become a Red Hat: Are you a born leader? If simply volunteering isn’t enough to satisfy you, consider going a step further. Red Hats are the group leaders that get other volunteers familiar with tools and safety. (And yes, they get cool red hats.)
- Non-Construction: So, worksites aren’t your style? That’s okay—volunteer programs in office administration, ReStore volunteering and build site hospitality are just a few other ways to help find your niche.
- Join Women Build: You might not know it, but mothers and children are at a great risk in today’s housing crisis. Women Build allows other women to make a difference in their communities by building homes for other women.
- One-Time Donation: Help revitalize your neighborhood by making a financial donation. Your gift will open the door to new opportunities for families in our community. And, because Habitat is a 501(3)(C) non-profit, your donation is tax deductible. How’s that for win-win!
- Be a Dream Builder: The more significant annual financial gifts that Dream Builders donate help to keep Habitat for Humanity going. Your leadership commitment will build homes and hope for families improving their financial, education and job prospects.
- Become an Advocate: Spread the word. It’s pretty simple—all you have to do is tell your friends and family. And don’t forget to contact your government official and let him or her know that you want to see action and change toward safe, decent and affordable housing.
- Donate to ReStore: Replacing your microwave? Getting rid of some furniture? Donate these items to ReStore, a discount home improvement store. Profits gained from your unused items help fund Habitat’s mission.
- Cars for Homes: Thinking about getting a new car? Why not also think about giving your old one to Habitat. We’ll sell it and put the reward towards eliminating poverty and homelessness.
- Youth Programs: It’s often said that kids are the future. That’s why Habitat for Humanity provides unique programs to get this next generation of philanthropists excited about providing families in need with decent, affordable homes.
Get involved… Call us today at 410.366.1250 or visit www.habitatchesapeake.org to learn more!